Over the Counter
- Pain Medication
- Cold & Allergy Meds
- Oral Health products
- Feminine Hygiene products
- First Aid items
- Home Medical Equipment
- Bathroom Safety Equipment
- Nutritional & Wellness Supplements
- Medela Natural Nursing Center
- Spenco Foot Care Products
- Certified Jobst Stocking Dealer
- Aids to Daily Living
- Orthopedic Department featuring braces & garments
- Infant Care
- Shower and Bath items
- Greeting Cards
- Russell Stover Candies
Frequently Asked Questions about the Saliva Hormone Test Program
What is the purpose of the Saliva Hormone Test Program?
The Saliva Hormone Test Program was designed to help individuals get the most appropriate and beneficial bio-identical hormone replacement therapy.
What is bio-identical hormone replacement therapy?
Bio-identical hormones are structurally identical to hormones that are naturally produced in the human body. Bio-identical hormones are derived from plant sources and are used to replace the body’s own hormones when the levels decrease due to age, disease, or surgery.
Why test my saliva instead of mv blood?
A saliva hormone test measures the hormones that are free to do their job, also known as bioavailable hormones. Most blood tests do not measure bioavailable hormone levels. Also, saliva collection is easy, painless, and less expensive than blood tests.
How much does the program cost?
The pharmacy will supply the saliva test kit for free. ZRT laboratory charges $30 for each hormone level measured. The pharmacy charges a $40 fee for the pharmacist’s expertise and time.
What does the program entail?
Before your first appointment with the pharmacist, the pharmacist will give you a confidential hormone evaluation form to fill out. This information will enable the pharmacist to help you decide which hormone levels should be tested.
Your first appointment will be about 30 minutes long. At this time, you will be given the saliva test kit. At your first appointment, the pharmacist will review your confIdential hormone evaluation while you watch a short educational video about hormone replacement therapy. Then you will discuss the pharmacist’s recommendations on what hormone levels should be tested based on your individual symptoms.
Send the kit to ZRT. The results will be sent to the pharmacy in about seven to ten business days. The pharmacist will then analyze the results, formulate recommendations, and schedule your next appointment.
At your second appointment, you will discuss the results and recommendations with the pharmacist. You will also receive a copy of your results and recommendations, and with your permission, the pharmacist will send a copy to your physician.
The pharmacist will gladly answer any questions you or your physician may have regarding bio-identical hormone replacement therapy.
How is your cholesterol? Do you know what your cholesterol goals are? Do you need help understanding your cholesterol levels? Would you like professional help fighting high cholesterol and preventing heart disease?
Ye Olde Pharmacy is now proud to offer two cholesterol testing programs:
Complete Fasting Lipid Panel (12 hours of fasting required) – $45
- Your cholesterol results within a few minutes (we are a C.L.I.A. Certified Lab—you can take our results to your doctor for evaluation and a discussion of therapeutic options)
- Brief interpretation of what your levels mean
CEMP (Cholesterol Education and Management Program) – $60
- Complete Fasting Lipid Panel (12 hours of fasting required)
- Blood Pressure Reading
- Detailed explanation of what your levels mean and what your goals should be
- Herbal Supplementation recommendation by the pharmacist based on:
- Your cholesterol levels
- A thorough medication and medical condition review performed by the pharmacist
- Medication/Herbal Supplement/Medical Condition interaction check
- Currently available evidence
- Current American Heart Association diet and exercise highlights
- Pharmacist consultation
- A chance to ask questions/clarify information
Take action to fight high cholesterol and heart disease! Call Ye Olde Pharmacy with any questions or sign up today.